The diagnosis of critical illness often brings feelings of fear, anxiety, and uncertainty in the family. And this is especially so when work, family, and other day-to-day pursuits hinder family members from providing the kind of care now needed by their loved one. At Astin Home Care, we understand that it is during these moments that both the patient and the family must get all the care and support they need. For families who cannot bear the thought of having their loved one confined in the unfamiliar walls of a nursing home, this kind of support can only be availed by a dependable in-home care provider who offers specialty care programs, like Astin Home Care.
Astin’s Specialty Home Care Programs
Our specialty programs are focused on rendering the right levels of care and support to patients with chronic illnesses, like diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other special conditions. The main objective of our specialty programs is to improve the quality of life for all involved – the patients and their families.
For the patient, we work together with their healthcare provider/s to create a personalized program that supports their desire to remain at home while ensuring their non-medical needs are met efficiently, compassionately, and respectfully. For the family, we liberate them to go and attend to their everyday responsibilities, fully assured that their loved one is in the best hands possible.
Services Offered Through Our Specialty Home Care Programs
The services offered through our Specialty Programs team are all non-medical, and they include:
- Personal care – includes tasks like toileting, grooming, nail care, and haircare, etc.
- Companion care – includes socializing and mental stimulation tasks like reading, taking walks, talking, listening to music, playing board games and card, etc.
- Homemaker services – include homemaking tasks like dusting, vacuuming, washing the dishes, doing laundry, and other light housekeeping tasks
- Non-medical transportation to and from medical appointments, social engagements, and others
- Shopping and errands
- Pet care
- And more
For patients who require skilled care, Astin Home Care can collaborate with a reputable skilled care provider/home health agency to ensure that the medical needs of the patient are met as per their healthcare providers’ instructions.
The following is a list of Astin’s Specialty Programs
- Memory Care Program (Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care)
- Transitional Program (Facility-to-Home)
- Senior Concierge Program (Independent Seniors Who Need Intermittent Care)
- Elective Cosmetic Program (Plastic Surgery etc.)
- Neuromuscular Injuries (Stroke etc.)
- Chronic Illness Program (Work side by side w/Hospice & Home Health)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Non-Medical Transportation Program (Medical Appointments, Errands, etc.)
Our services begin with the patient or family contacting us through a phone call or an email. Our contact details have been provided at the end of this page. But, you may also use our online contact form to leave us a message.
After this initial contact, our care coordinator sets up an in-home visit, where a registered nurse conducts a thorough assessment of the patient’s needs. This initial home visit is also an avenue for us to interact with the patient and the family as a whole and answer any questions they may have concerning the services and our agency.