Type 2 Diabetes is a very common condition for adults and the older population. Are you skeptical about this fact? Research says that 9 out of 10 adults are diagnosed with this condition. Because Astin Home Care hopes to spread our quality Non-Medical Home Care in Atlanta GA and to the world, we give you another guidelines and tips on how to care for and live with a patient who has this condition. So here are more of these tips to help you live together peacefully while living with the condition:
- Getting some ZZZs Sleep deprivation is a struggle for almost anyone and it is a bigger issue for people with diabetes. Poor sleep means worse blood control and worse blood control means worsening of the condition. This fact is backed up by research. If your patient is having a hard time sleeping, we share to you these tips for them to do before going to bed:
- Relaxation techniques
- Breathing exercises
- Skipping smoking, caffeine or even alcohol in the evening
- Busy themselves with some exhausting activity
- Opt for supplements and/or natural treatments
Engross yourself with some research with your patient. Surf the internet, ask around and please do consult the physician. Be as critical as the FDA in considering your supplements. And speaking of FDA, only take supplements approved by them,Also, you can go for a more natural method. These can be:
- Guided imagery
- Talk to a diabetes educator for more information on natural remedies and activities that may help your patient. And always remember, do these activity together. It will become a more pleasant experience and will give you more time to bond.
- Use high-tech tools because the world is becoming more inclined to technology, you can lean on these advancements to help your patient cope with his or her diabetes. You can assist in managing this disease by using insulin pumps and even you own Smartphone through some apps.
There are some sophisticated apps which will help you make use of regular glucose meter tracks and lets it analyze your blood sugar. You can even track how high or how low your patient’s blood sugar is in the past few months.And you may consider “combination tools” which lets you keep a tab of your patient’s blood sugar. Your patient can even get insulin in this equipment’s insulin pump. Another piece of technology you can go for is a continuous glucose monitor which can be attached by the physician to the patient’s skin. This will measure their blood sugar every few minutes and this can happen for several days!
Caring for someone with diabetes is not as bad as you think it is. You can make the experience fun and every day exciting as you live with the patient. Just know that whatever you decide on and whatever care giving tips you need, Astin Home Care is here for you and your patient.
Aside from giving you the information you need and the latest trends on giving care to patients with diabetes, you or your beloved senior with the condition can decide on our Non-Medical Home Care in Atlanta GA. We will not only give you the finest care but also a care that can be administered in the safety of your house.
And you may be thinking: inside the safety of our house? No way! What if something happens like your staff involving in unacceptable activities and such? No worries. Astin Home Care screens our staff and caregivers who will be sent to your house because we only provide quality in our Non-Medical Home Care in Atlanta GA.
For more blogs relating to home care and giving care to patients with diabetes, you may visit us at www.astinhomecare.com.